Rather than using an Audio Interface with a dynamic or condenser microphone, a USB microphone is a simple way to start recording with better sound quality than using the mic/headphone connection on your machine. Most USB microphones are plug and play, so you should be up and running in no time!
To connect a USB microphone to Cakewalk by BandLab:
- Connect your device to your machine prior to starting Cakewalk by BandLab
- Launch Cakewalk by BandLab
- Go to Edit > Preferences, or press P when the Start Screen is closed to open the Preferences menu
- Under Audio > Playback and Recording, set your Driver Mode to WASAPI Shared (Windows 10), or WDM/KS (Windows 7 or 8)
- Under Audio > Devices, make sure your device is selected as an Input device. If you’re using the headphone output, also check the Output category.
Click Apply and OK to save your changes!