MIDI Control Surfaces typically include rotary encoders (knobs), sliders (faders), and pads. These may be found as part of your MIDI keyboard controller or as a standalone controller.
To connect a MIDI Control Surface in Cakewalk by BandLab:
- Connect your device via USB to your machine
- Launch Cakewalk by BandLab
- Go to Edit > Preferences, or press P when the Start Screen is closed to open the Preferences menu
- Under MIDI > Devices, select your device as an Input device. If you have a bi-directional control surface (automated faders, etc), check the Output category to make sure MIDI signal reaches back to the control surface.
- Under MIDI > Control Surfaces, click the Add Surface button to open the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box.
- In the Controller/Surface field of the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box, find the name of your controller/surface, and select it. If you want to use ACT (Active Controller Technology), or if your controller/surface is not listed, select either the ACT MIDI Controller or Cakewalk Generic Surface.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes!