If Cakewalk is installed on a computer that is not connected to the internet, you can use offline activation as long as you have access to another computer that is connected to the internet. To use offline activation, follow these steps:
- In Cakewalk, go to Help > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request to open the Save activation request dialog box.
- Select the folder you want to save the activation request file to, then click Save. Cakewalk saves an Activation request.crq file. This file is encrypted and machine-specific and can only be used to activate Cakewalk on the machine originally used to create the Activation request.crq file.
- Copy the Activation request.crq file to removable media such as a USB flash drive that you can transfer to another computer with an active internet connection.
- Using an online computer, open BandLab Assistant and sign in with your BandLab username and password. Click the Apps tab.
- Under Cakewalk by BandLab, click the drop-down arrow next to the Open button, then click Process Offline Activation Request. If activation is granted, BandLab Assistant generates an Activation response.dat file.
- Copy the Activation response.dat file to removable media that you can transfer back to your offline Cakewalk computer.
- In Cakewalk, go to Help > Offline Activation > Import Activation Response to open the Import activation response dialog box.
- Select the Activation response.dat file and click Open. If the response file is valid, the program will be activated.