If you experience a crash, please let us know! In most cases, Cakewalk by BandLab will automatically create a minidump file when a crash occurs. This will help to provide some insight, and we’ll need some additional details as well. Here’s how to locate the minidump files created by Cakewalk by BandLab:
- Open the Run Command by pressing the Windows key and R on your keyboard
- Type in the following: %appdata%\Cakewalk
- Click [OK]
- Navigate to your Cakewalk program's folder
- Navigate to the Minidumps folder
- Locate the .dmp files within.
The .dmp files all should contain a timestamp of the time of the crash. So if it is 2/1/2019 at 10:26 am, your file should contain a title similar to "02012019_102620.dmp". This can be useful for locating the correct .dmp file if there are multiple listed!
Send an email to email@example.com with this file attached, as well as the steps you took when the crash occurred. Any and all details are helpful!