If you have a BandLab account, BandLab Assistant, and Cakewalk by BandLab, you already have all the tools to integrate between BandLab and Cakewalk!
BandLab to Cakewalk
Moving your project from BandLab to Cakewalk is an easy way to add more tracks or take advantage of the deeper editing tools and third party content that can be used within Cakewalk by BandLab. The most effective way move your projects to Cakewalk by BandLab is via the Library tab in BandLab Assistant.
- Create a project in BandLab, then save the project. it does not have to be published!
- Open BandLab Assistant, and choose the Library tab.
- Click the three dots next to the track you want to move to Cakewalk, and choose Download Stems. This will create a new project folder, which by default is located in your Documents under BandLab > Downloads.
- Open Cakewalk by BandLab, then choose File > Open.
- Locate the folder, and select the .blx file associated with your project. Upon opening the .blx folder, the entire project will be generated within Cakewalk by BandLab!
Cakewalk to BandLab
Moving a project from Cakewalk by BandLab to BandLab is even easier with the help of our Export to BandLab feature.
Click the large Export button at the top left of your Cakewalk project, then choose BandLab.
The Publish to BandLab dialog (as seen above) will appear, and you can choose exactly how you want your track from Cakewalk to appear in BandLab. Keep in mind, you'll need to keep your export under the current limits of 12 tracks and 6 minutes of duration to successfully move your tracks to a BandLab project.
When complete, your Cakewalk project will populate in the Library and will now be available as a BandLab project to open, edit, and master in BandLab!