Listen to a MIDI file downloaded from the internet!
- Find a MIDI file (.mid) from a source like MIDI World, etc.
- Download the file, which will default to your Downloads folder unless otherwise specified.
- Open Cakewalk by BandLab and choose File > Open and use the browser select the .mid file. If you have a project open, click File > Import > MIDI, and select your file.
- The MIDI tracks will automatically generate into the project. At this point, there is no audio because MIDI does not contain any audio.
- Click the [+] Add Track button, and click the Instrument tab. Keep the default TTS-1, and press Create.
- Press "i" to open the inspector view. At the bottom of each MIDI track, ensure the output is assigned to TTS-1. TTS-1 will automatically recognize the necessary patch for each track.
- Press spacebar to play the track. You can use the Tempo module in the transport section to adjust tempo accordingly.