No. You need to have a BandLab account in order to install Cakewalk by BandLab, but you do not need to use BandLab’s social platform at all. Of course, if you’re making music, we encourage you to share it with our community on BandLab, but there’s no obligation!
Articles in this section
- What are the differences between Cakewalk by BandLab and other legacy Sonar DAWs?
- I recently purchased hardware that includes SONAR LE. How do I register?
- What is Cakewalk by BandLab? How is it different than BandLab?
- Do I have to use BandLab in order to use Cakewalk by BandLab?
- Can I still buy Cakewalk plugins?
- Will Cakewalk by BandLab become a paid or “freemium” program?
- I saw SONAR in stores/online. Should I buy it?
- When will there be a Mac version?