- Consult the manual for your USB microphone. Some devices are plug and play, while others may require drivers to be installed. If needed, install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Connect your microphone to your machine.
- In the Windows Control Panel, go to Sounds, and make sure your microphone is selected as the Recording device. If your microphone has a headphone port, you may also consider selecting it as your Playback device.
- Launch Cakewalk by BandLab, then exit the Start Screen.
- Press P to open the Preferences menu. Under Audio > Devices, make sure your microphone is selected as your Input driver. If you’re listening through a headphone port on the microphone, you can set the mic as your output driver as well.
Click Apply and OK to save any changes!